Monday, January 21, 2008

Tattoos

Have you ever seen somebody with a tattoo (or, worse, a lot of tattoos) that just look like dirt? The impulse is there to ask them, "Ugh! Why are your arms so dirty?" But then you do a double take and say to yourself, "Oh, it's just a tattoo".


Personally, there has never been an image or phrase that I have deemed so special or incredibly important that I want it on myself forever. I have to ask myself what the audience for my tattoos would be. I would only be getting the tattoo to impress others, or out of a sense of peer pressure because it is a trend (among people my age anyway. I'm fully aware that the practice of tatooing, like the brewing and drinking of beer and other alcohol, whose popularity is still hanging on quite well, has been around since the dawn of time.)

For example, can you imagine loving the awful band The Deftones THIS much:

Deftones Guy

I wish I loved ANYTHING as much as this guy loves The Deftones. I am jealous of this man's Joie d' vivre. The lord bless and keep him. And I doubt this man's arms:

Satanic Mechanic Tats

...has anything at all to do with the great Lee Van Cleef film of the same name? Here's a picture unrelated to the movie:

Photobucket

To quote Mr. Van Cleef, "See you in hell, kid!"
*NOTE: this piece is not meant in any way to be a condemnation of people with tattoos. It is simply a personal view. However, it is a condemnation of people with bad tattoos.

No comments: